Connect with us

Dallas

Oh Really? Cowboys Fans Threaten Boycott if Team Signs Colin Kaepernick

Published

on

Calm down Cowboy fans… even if the Cowboys were interested in signing Colin Kaepernick he wouldn’t want to play for Jerry Jones ‘the plantation’ owner and master who was strongly against kneeling during the Star-Spangled Banner.

All the hype is surrounding Colin’s workout scheduled Saturday in Atlanta where a number of NFL teams will have representatives there, including the Cowboys.

Kaepernick hasn’t played since the 2016 season as his public protests of social injustice and police brutality during pregame renditions of the national anthem were a heated source of controversy for the NFL.

Here are a few examples of (unedited) anti-Kaepernick rhetoric from the Cowboys’ faithful:

“You can’t call yourself America’s team and then sign someone who kneels for the national anthem Cowboy fan since the 70s if it happens I will be a Texan fan

“I’ve been a Dallas fan all my life if Jerry Jones signs him I’ll definitely not have any nfl team. My decision has nothing to do with race, it’s about the American flag and what it represents and his disrespect to it”

“I’ve been Cowboy fan since 1974 BUT I will stop watching games altogether if he goes to Cowboys.”

“I will burn every single Cowboys item that I have if they turn that viewing into anything other than an “ informational” session.”

“We sign him I’m becoming a Texan fan I’ve been a Cowboys fan since the 80’s”

“Oh hell no , He doesn’t deserve to step foot on the field ever with any team , especially the Cowboys , been a fan all my life this may do it for me , I don’t know what they’re thinking it’s not our quarterback it’s the head coach , that is my opinion .”

“I hope they don’t take him I’ve been a cowboys fan for a long time and if they hire him I will sell all my cowboys memorbilla and never watch them again”

“I’ve been a cowboys fan for 40 years If they sign him I will never watch a game they play in”

#StayOnTheUpnUp

Motivator . Social Justice Advocate . Developer of DallasUrban #Stay On The UpnUp

Continue Reading
27 Comments

27 Comments

1. Erik Saunders

November 14, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Been a fan since the 70s. Good riddance to all of these Fake Patriots if (which it will never happen) the Cowboys were to sign Kaepernick. These dudes will watch a game with Ben Roethlisberger who was accused of rape 2-3 times and they say nothing, but are enraged by a guy who took a knee at the advice from a Green Beret (Special Forces, Military).

• T Jackson

November 14, 2019 at 7:53 pm

I’m in total agreement, with what you said!

• MWoods

November 15, 2019 at 4:40 am

I stopped watching the NFL, and especially the Dallas Cowboys, just because of the stance that all these owners, and especially Jerry Jones, took on the kneeling thing & Kap. When people show you who they are, ‘Believe them’ the first time. Giving Kap a chance 3 years later gives him his dream back of playing in the NFL & that’s great for him. But it does little to show that they’ve learned what the kneeling was truly all about in the first place, or that it was wrong to threaten a persons livelihood for doing something that the anthem & the constitution give a freedom for. I stopped watching the NFL & got rid of all my NFL paraphernalia & son’t intend to watch until the majority of owners make statements that show they understand. Which will probably mean NEVER!

• Charles

November 16, 2019 at 6:38 am

If you knew what he kneeled for you. Would understand. But being that your ignorance. Has overtaken your thinking ability. Do what you must.it had nothing to with patriotism.has to do with injustice. But you must be o I’m sorry you are white because you dont understand now and you never will. Your whiteness makes you better than anyone else

• RUSSELL.K.RILEY

November 17, 2019 at 7:30 am

I’ve been a Cowboys fan since 1976. No one wants to address the issue why he was kneeling, and a Navy Seal told him to kneel instead of sitting. I’m a 20 year Army veteran, and served for citizens to exercise their 1st amendment rights. You say he disrespected the flag by peacefully protesting black unarmed citizens being killed by policeman. I have plenty of friends that are law enforcement so I’m not anti law enforcement. I’ve been profiled, and search as well as my son for no reason.How did you all of you saying he disrespected the flag feel when Trump stood on a world stage next to Putin taking his word over 17 American agencies stating Russia melded in our election. Did Trump love the flag when he faked bone spurs to receive five deferments? I’m sure the Dallas Cowboys will survive if a few fans like you decide to not support them in the future.

• R.RILEY

November 17, 2019 at 7:32 am

• MzSims

November 14, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Oh how quickly they forget. They perfer a rapist over someone stressing his beliefs.

• B. Sims

November 14, 2019 at 8:27 pm

People have no morals being a rapist is ok for them to forgive. I am a Cowboy fan and will be one if they sign him.

• Alvin

November 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Jerry should sign him to piss them racist fucks off.. fuck them. Im a veteran. 20 years. I support kaep and anyone else who chose to use their rights that ive protected for 20 years.

• fred

November 15, 2019 at 1:02 am

Alvin I Respect what you say unlike you I am not A Veteran and come from you I tip my hat to you most people who have a problem with Kapernick never serve in the arm forces so as a Veteran if you dont have a problem then Civilian should thank you for your Services Sir #DC4L.

• fred

November 15, 2019 at 12:54 am

I very been a Cowboys fans sense 68 I am from Texas if you feel that way we don’t want you as a fan he dont have to stand for the Anthem move on.

• fred

November 15, 2019 at 12:57 am

I agree I’ve been a Cowboys fan since 68 i have no problem with him taking a knee.

• Tracey Caple

November 15, 2019 at 7:50 pm

I pray Kap doesn’t go to Dallas with those “White Nationalist”.

• TBone

November 16, 2019 at 12:26 am

Well stated Eric….

• SpencerSain

November 16, 2019 at 5:04 am

And Cowboys Fans talking about They are not watching if Dallas picks up Kap but you have Cooper Rush as the back-up 😂.Give me a break.If you’re white it’s alright,If you’re Black stay back. GTFOH

• Al

November 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm

I in total agreement with what you said.

2. Alvin

November 14, 2019 at 8:49 pm

3. Jewell Dickerson

November 14, 2019 at 9:35 pm

THEY BETTER STAY IN THEIR OWN LANE THAT MAN HAS HIS OWN BELIEFS AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL WHO CARES IF THEY DON’T LIKE WHAT HE DID NOSE WHERE IT DONT BELONG. I WANT BE A FAN OF THEIRS IF THEY DO AND SURE MANY OTHERS WILL TURN AWAY FROM THEM.

4. Phillip Martin Rawls

November 14, 2019 at 11:01 pm

I can’t stand saltine crackers. Kneeling isnt about the flag it’s a protest against racial injustice, police brutality and all the things that people of color have had to endure for hundreds of years. Been Rothlisberg can rape a woman and continue to play unscathed for the Pittsburgh Steelers for Ten years, but this man can’t state his constitutional right to kneel!?

5. Mike Jones

November 14, 2019 at 11:14 pm

You all are stupid, y’all will boycott if he is signed but won’t boycott to get the COACH AND THE COACHING STAFF off the team….. y’all are the real losers

6. fred

November 15, 2019 at 1:03 am

7. Tony

November 15, 2019 at 5:18 am

Must people have forgotten the freedom is not free. It had a price. As a Veteran i applaud Colin for exercising his right that people died for. If the are so hell bend on the flag. Put on a dayum uniform to understand what its really about. They discrace the price that some gavecfor them to be stupid

8. Alonzo

November 15, 2019 at 8:04 am

I served my country and Corps proudly despite racism and bigotry within. It is because my pride and love is deeply rooted in my own beliefs of what our country represents. That is the case with each individual. America is made up all races and creeds. We all have the right to be treated fair and equal. Kap is exercising his right to protest inequality in the country he loves, not the flag or America. The NFL is represented by all people. And by the way I’m a Texans fan, we don’t need you. We good.

9. Ari johnson

November 15, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Man if y’all sad pick of people That want to boyscout leave by by ..I don’t even watch football but if they sign him you can count me in I’ll be a fan for life…

10. Spot-abyss

November 16, 2019 at 6:01 am

Then that would be great cause the African American players will know they are not playing in front of racist fans when those racist fans dont show up.

11. DJ

November 16, 2019 at 6:58 am

But they won’t boycott that 🤬 corrupt president…GTFOHWTBS!

12. RUSSELL.K.RILEY