Connect with us

News

CPS removes kids from home of mom filmed spanking child

Published

on

Four children ages 2-12 were removed by CPS from the home of a mother who spanked her son while yelling expletives at Homer Drive Elementary School.

Shari Pulliam, a spokeswoman for CPS, confirmed the removal for the safety of the four children, two were at school and two were in the home.

CPS also removed a fifth child who resided in Houston.

Ages of all five kids, 1, 2, 3, 7 and 12.

The Mother was filmed spanking her son with a belt and making him apologize to a teacher.

With over 500,000 views on Facebook before it was removed, the mother showed up to the Elementary School in Beaumont, Texas where she found her son in the cafeteria and pulled him the courtyard by his collar.

“Are we gonna have this problem anymore?” she said, “No? ‘Cause if I gotta come back up here, it’s me and you (epithet). It’s me and you.”

Most are wondering why no one interceded either in the cafeteria or outside in the courtyard.

A court hearing for the mother will take place either Nov. 19 or Nov. 21

In-depth Report:

#StayOnTheUpnUp

Motivator . Social Justice Advocate . Developer of DallasUrban #Stay On The UpnUp

Continue Reading
100 Comments

100 Comments

1. Cheryl

November 8, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Momma dont play, she knows her child. Everyone wants the children disciplined but complain when it happens. That’s why we have so many disrespectful children. My concern would be where were the administration that she just walked in and took a child and no one stopped her. Poor security. I bet that boy dont act up no more. But I will say she should have kept that belt on his behind and not around his body.

• Geraldine

November 9, 2019 at 11:51 am

I agree

• Zee

November 10, 2019 at 12:31 pm

She need to go straight to jail that was abuse in the worst way. Anybody that would do that to a child need jail time and No children. That was emotional and physical abuse and will solve nothing in the long run but a abuse child. People need to get out of whipping a child is right because our parents did it. It’s just like when slaves were whipped not any better. There are other means of punishment.Not up for Debate!

• Pamela Davis

November 10, 2019 at 3:15 pm

I agree with you Zee, and what mother calls her child a nigga other than a hoodrat

• Pamela Moses

November 12, 2019 at 7:17 am

That’s right, but first get rid of the security and call police. It was uncalled for to call him a nigga. Take that up at home. All her kids were taken because of that ass whoppin’ that child got.

• Red

November 17, 2019 at 11:14 am

Zee and Pamela I bet you your kids beat yall ass all day. Dumb ass

• Charles

November 11, 2019 at 10:25 am

I see nothing wrong with a whooping. If done properly. Explain why you are giving said punishment. Where she went wrong was the anger she had when approaching the situation.

• tmurray

November 11, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Charles your stupid.

• Miranda

November 11, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I agree Charles

• john

November 12, 2019 at 9:29 am

While she may have gone overboard…that child WILL think twice or three times before acting up again. A spanking is needed…punishment is needed…just has to be more controlled. If are prison system actually gave punishment instead of wrist slaps, our world would be a safer place for all

• Dave O

November 14, 2019 at 10:25 am

I agree as well Charles, she should have toned down the language.

• Mfrankkie1

November 12, 2019 at 3:57 am

Lock her ass up!!! I bet shorty life is hell at home. She got him dressed terribly, curses him out, and her dusty ass friend recording this. I bet all she does is smoke Newports and drinks Pepsi talking about how bad her kids are when she ain’t shyt!!! Bad parenting

• Lixa

November 12, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Amen

• cheryl Collins

November 9, 2019 at 11:14 pm

I
      agree.

• Confused

November 9, 2019 at 11:28 pm

Discipline is one thing but hat kind of abuse is not ok. A parent should never spank a child when angry because that is what happens it gets out of hand. I do not agree that it should have been kept to his behind. A parent needs to cool off first then if a spanking is what still seems the best answer then it should be done a the thigh or having the child bend off on their bed so that the kidneys are not damaged. Also how did she even think it was ok to threaten her child and call him the “N” word, this is why there is so much hate in the world still because if someone of the same race use derogatory words to their own children why would anyone else think it’s not ok as well.

• Lenny Cotton

November 10, 2019 at 8:44 pm

You are so right

• Delores

November 11, 2019 at 9:50 am

I agree the choice word we use affects our children. I had to personally go through the same thing and showed a better way. But I never called them names but my discipline was harsh. It was the only way I knew but broke that generational curse against our black families. Hopefully she can be taught a different way to discipline

• Charles E. STANFIELD

November 11, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Discipline your children at home. Let them know there will always be consequences to their actions, and sometimes punitive actions are warranted. What I saw was a mother with the best of intentions, but the wrong course of action. Think, don’t lash out.

• SisRodgers

November 10, 2019 at 1:28 am

November 09, 2019

That is so right Cheryl, Momma don’t play, neither do I. Let Parents beat their butts, is what the God says do

• SisRodgers

November 10, 2019 at 1:30 am

CPS (Child Protective Services) needs their butts whipped

• Zee

November 10, 2019 at 12:29 pm

• Ellarwee Gadsden

November 11, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Do your really think her children are happy now that they’re away from and away from home? What are the children to do if at one of those foster homes, they’re treated worse than their mother treated them? The system does it this way because it’s cheaper and either way they turn within this $ starved system the black children will suffer long-term.

• Zee

November 10, 2019 at 12:29 pm

• Pamela Davis

November 10, 2019 at 3:14 pm

girl that’s child abuse, anyone who thinks this is ok needs a visit from CPS

• Peaches

November 11, 2019 at 11:29 pm

As a single mother raising 9 3 boys 6 girls I feel like y’all making a mountain out of a mole she disciplined her son. Listen the African American way is to whoop ur child and really do y’all think she gone break his face. It’s like when ya mama say I’m a smack u n the middle of next week. I know now shes not but as a kid I believe she would with fear so I knew not to do it again. If u don’t teach them at home the streets will I lost on at 17 he was murdered I used a stern hand with him but the streets got him. As far as he calling him a nigga it’s just a term the streets use she had to use wat works best for her son. He look like one of them had ass project kids and he can easily become a product of him environment.CPS need to go after these mothers killing their kids or letting their boyfriends do stupid shit to their kids all she trying to do is raise him the rite way. We all have rules to follow that teacher is not there to babysit she there to teach and him being disruptive in class affects all the children cause she has to stop teaching to attend to him. So Koodles to her for being the best mother she know how to be for her son. Where u act up at is where I address it at flat out. Ask my daughter I whooped her ass on FB she was on facebook acting up so I let FB see her get her ass whooped. I f u don’t like it well sorry not sorry I never had to do it again and the rest knew not to try it. I can honestly say all mine are successful in life and I’m proud of them. .

• Lixa

November 12, 2019 at 8:43 pm

You literally abused your own child. No. How?!

• GetHelpPlease

November 18, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Right! She seemed really high strung and out of control. I don’t think the kids should be kept away long, but she needs some anger management/ parenting classes pronto! And get her son in counseling. He is acting out for a reason and so is she most likely. I feel sorry for them because the anger is very sad and sometimes you just need to let your child know you still love them even if they are going to choose to keep making bad choices….after you whoop them for weeks at a time with no change. You can’t do anything else. So maybe he just wants to know she’ll still love him no matter what. I pray that this is an eye opener for everyone in that family and I pray it brings them closer together after doing everything that CPS requires her to do to get the kids back home. It is up to her now. I do feel really bad for that little boy, he’s an innocent child, even if he’s acting bad. He’s still an innocent child and he doesn’t deserve to be emotionally, mentally and physically abused like that. She seemed drunk even. I also think the teacher should have stood up to the Mom and told her that she didn’t want him to apologize and for her to calm down and just talk to him. Something…but that Mom was being violent…. and that is why CPS took them.

• Doug

November 11, 2019 at 1:58 pm

That was not even discipline that was abuse and she stood there and insulted him like she was some kind of slave driver. That boy was dressed like a damn clown while she was fresh dressed.

• tmurray

November 11, 2019 at 7:48 pm

How about taking that belt and beating you for 2 minutes, bet your dumb ass wont act up. It’s child abuse.

• Anthony

November 11, 2019 at 8:19 pm

I hope you dont have kids. But i know you do smh. This is child abuse.

• Miranda

November 11, 2019 at 9:50 pm

And left the n-word out. Other then that, discipline ur child cause if u dont the police will. May seem tough for some but she has 4kids. And I bet they know momma ain’t going. Also know, she just as tough against anyone who wrongs them.

• Jami

November 12, 2019 at 7:35 am

Wow

• Taylor

November 12, 2019 at 2:14 pm

I dont agree at all. Theres a line between punishing your child and abusing your child. A belt shouldn’t be hitting that child anywhere and everywhere. She could use her hand on his butt. She could explain to him what he did wrong and made him apologize. She could have taken away the things he enjoyed for two weeks. She had no right to call him those names. Talking to him like hes a grown ass man. Hes a 7 year old child in need of direction.

• Gavin

November 13, 2019 at 11:55 am

THAT is not discipline.

Calling him the n**** word like she’s talking to some worthless hoodlum who has nothing better to do than stand around on the street corner all day.

Where’s the self-discipline when she referred to the teacher as ” this m****f*** lady ” ? !

The reason she was called about the boy’s behavior in the first place is because he said he was going to ” kill the teacher “.

A black male ….

In the state of Texas ….

Says THAT ? !

And you think he’s not going to suffer repercussions from the authorities ?

Remember Emmet Till ?
      Trayvon Martin ?

Considering the environment they live in, she should of have raised him to have self-restraint over his mouth when in public because THAT could get him in trouble ..

She didn’t.

Now she’s over-compensating for her lack of proper parenting because if she has younger male children in the house, the system will look deeper into her situation.

Now due to her foolishly recording the matter, they went the necessary step further and took them away !

• John Nicholas

November 14, 2019 at 5:24 am

Why did she have to repeatedly call hoer own son the N-word though? Black people across the world still can’t work out why some in the US still insist on doing this.

• Cheryl b

November 14, 2019 at 7:39 am

Wow, just wow!!!! There is a huge difference between disiplining a child a BEATING them with a weapon!!!!!!! No way on earth does that women deserve to have children. There was no need at all to strike him repeatedly with a weapon or drag him around like an animal. All she has taught him is it’s exceptable to use a belt on another human being. She’s an adult. He’s a defense less child. Beat one in, beat 10 out.

• Heather

November 14, 2019 at 4:43 pm

This makes me so sick how the fuck u going to talk to your child like that there is better ways then hurting your child an calling him names happy they kids was taken

• Darrin

November 16, 2019 at 7:14 am

WHEN DOES THE CYCLE STOP THERE ARE OTHER WAYS SHE SHOULD HAVE HER ASS PUT IN JAIL

2. Ophelia Cates

November 8, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Maybe she knows no other way of discipline. I hope she gets the help she and her kid needs. I understand her frustration especially with the statistics for a young black man in this country. Hopefully the little boy is traumatized

• D Moore

November 9, 2019 at 11:50 am

Why does the Mother need help? If that young boy would have been older and hurt someone, Ppl would be blaming the Mom. My Parents used a belt on me and I did the same to my children. They’ve all grew up to be respectable Aduts.

• Real

November 9, 2019 at 1:05 pm

Are you saying the child’s behavior should be better than the parent? How would he learn that, she has demonstrated that she is gutter…..

• Ms. Eliska

November 9, 2019 at 2:09 pm

GUTTER!!!! NO!!! She just don’t want to get another call someday. The bible states spare the rod spoil the child. We can’t whip our kids but they can kill them later. She done her job.. no objections here. That baby came in this world with 2 strikes being 1. black 2. male. She’s doing what it takes for him not to get that third strike. #givethatladybackherkids

• Robert

November 9, 2019 at 2:35 pm

And I agree with me. Elisa. And most of these kids gone got the third strike and lost. That why my son told his friends I canf believe y’all talk to y’all dad rude my dad would have me pick up my teeth.

• Dori

November 10, 2019 at 7:06 am

This needs to keep happening, so these hoodrats can learn how to discipline their kids better

• Veronica

November 10, 2019 at 3:50 pm

True

• Edward Banks

November 11, 2019 at 10:00 am

There’s a time and a place for everything but doing it for Facebook like nothing would be said or done was a dumbass move I bet Facebook look real different now that her dumbass catching charges and losing her children

• Miranda

November 11, 2019 at 9:55 pm

❤❤❤

• Ernestine Thompson

November 10, 2019 at 7:44 am

That kid deserve the spanking when I came up the teacher spanked you and the parent when the displine was taken out the schools this is why the shootings bullying etc is happening I hope that girl gets her kids back.

• Robert Smitg

November 9, 2019 at 2:31 pm

I ain’t lying hell my mom would have brought her damn switch and tore my was in the cafeteria. So my opinion as a dad my child wouldn’t have a reason for me to see you at school at all. It starts at home and 2nd my child wouldn’t be coming to school with high waters pants on and then show up Well dress so yes she needs help or something.

• Dee

November 9, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Amen

• Dori

November 10, 2019 at 7:06 am

• JB

November 10, 2019 at 10:19 pm

You have no idea what he did, and whatever it was this was out of line for a parent to act like this to young child. Any case. She over reacted, and time to think about what she was doing while played it up for the camera. And now her and her friend who thought this was funny helped in getting all her kids taken away.

• Lindsey19

November 10, 2019 at 11:58 pm

Did you threaten to your kids face? Or call them, ” ni**a”? Or humiliate the hell out of them? Theres a HUGE difference in a pop on the ass and this what this monstrosity of a ” mother” has done.

• Red

November 11, 2019 at 3:13 pm

So you really think she was gone break the kids face??? Yall be so emotional and just thinking with emotions. Now entire family broken.

• awwwshit

November 11, 2019 at 10:38 pm

family was already broken with the mother acting like that. That was completely uncalled for. Discipline your child with the hopes of correcting the CHILD’s behavior. She brought a friend and a camera phone and made the situation about her, not her child. Then posted it to fb. So I don’t wanna hear shit about a the family being broken when the mother broke it.

• George

November 11, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Amen

• Rellik

November 9, 2019 at 5:37 pm

All y’all talking bout she wrong is stupid if kids don’t get they ass whoop they turn to the streets and y’all wonder why…2. That’s her fling kid who are y’all to tell a mother how to raised her kids foh

• Zee

November 10, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Yeah and beating them make them want to beat others. It’s why they often hit other kids and some grow up to be abusers. Fact!

• Antoine

November 10, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Lol really Zee! I got my ass whooped for real and no I grew up without wanting to kill beat or harm but I will Fuc* a kid up that ain’t doing what is required.

• Holley

November 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm

If you want kids to stop becoming little assholes and actually be respectful an ass whooping here and there is completely fine as long as you know the boundaries from a it
          being discipline to being abuse. The name-calling and everything like that was not needed but the ass whooping was. I had my ass beat with everything and anything my parents could get their hands on and I turned out completely fine I understand why they did it and when my son misbehaves I whoop his ass as well. The only thing I do different when I whoop my son’s ass for misbehaving or doing s*** that he knows he’s not supposed to is I don’t record it and put it on freaking social media that’s the stupidest thing that lady did and now because she did that stupid thing she all her kids taken away. Now let’s see if that child becomes a little a****** and believe that he’s entitled to everything I can almost guarantee you he will not. If more parents would whoop their kids asses for doing stupid s*** and misbehaving we wouldn’t have the little assholes that we have now thinking that they can do no wrong that they deserve to have everything handed to them and that they don’t need to work for it.

• Lenny Cotton

November 10, 2019 at 8:48 pm

That’s the reason they are shooting each other now, he will grow up with hate in him

• Gregory curtis

November 9, 2019 at 10:41 pm

So sad that this child had to be humiliated in front of people. That was not discipline being called a nigger and talk to like he was a adult in the street. We wonder were are the behaviours coming from? Children follow what they see.

3. Ss

November 9, 2019 at 6:26 am

This is why everything don’t need to be recorded. She just issuing out a ass whooping, but of course somebody always gotta record. 🙄🙄

4. Faye

November 9, 2019 at 6:56 am

First of all where is his black teachers. He needs discipline but not the kind the mother brought. She was acting like a gangster not a caring mom.

5. Bobbie Holloman

November 9, 2019 at 7:37 am

Imma say this much these kids is off the chain with the disrespect to adults but it starts from home she probably was feed up with the teachers calling her about him acting up an not doing wat he was suppose to be doing but it’s a time an place for everything she should have taking his ass to the bathroom then outside to apologize cause once they say that it was all bad when we was kids our parents whip our ass but we knew we was in trouble for doing something we shouldn’t have been doing an it taught us respect an that we need to fear something it’s to many ppls in the business Now I don’t want these kids getting beat but they need structure an guidance an to be punished to know there conquences behind every wrong action I don’t think her kids should be placed in cps but the might need to talk to somebody sometimes taking them an give them to somebody else it’s worse cause everybody don’t love ur kids as much as u do

6. Ms Smith

November 9, 2019 at 7:56 am

If this mother did nothing too teach her child; then the school calls CPS, but if she takes control of the situation then the school calls CPS. Society has too make up its mind either you want stand up parents or you want too face that child in the parking lot while he cracks your head open too take your purse or car. As far as her parenting style; it could be different, but for that child, would different be effective? That mom knows which. I have too say, ” I thank God for a go ole stiff , but whooping….it keep my behind in check and I’m a REAL grown women because or in part of it. “Mind your busines”

• George

November 11, 2019 at 8:41 pm

I agree with you because so kid’s you can’t just talk all sweet and nice to,but if that’s was to go back and do a school shooting then it’s cause he wasn’t raised right by his parents. In the Bible it say spare the rod spoil the child. Back in the days we never had a school shooting because parents had the right to displant their kid’s. But if that kid turn up to be adults then we mad when the police kill our kid’s. But we’re mad because the way mom displant him, like you said I bet it was effective with kid.

7. Darlene

November 9, 2019 at 8:41 am

Why did they let hear whip him and cuss him out like that.Where was the duty officer for the school at.Praying for her and the children’s.

8. Deborah

November 9, 2019 at 9:55 am

I believe in discipline. I came up with ass kicking. but I do feel she went a little to far. calling him niggah in front of white people especially. and if you are black you know you came up with with the same kind of ass whooping. parents making you tear down your own tree branches, extension cords the whole nine. because in the time that I came up ass whooping was allowed where ever you were at. where ever you acted up is where you got it. the only words I would here out my momma’s mouth as she was tearing my ass up. was shut up because I will give you something to cry about. not realizing how can I shut up when you are beating my ass with and extension cord (LOL)and not realizing that she was giving me something to cry about, she was whooping my ass. and not only that while this mother was doing this to her child why was they just standing there and letting her go that far, and filming it all that time. but she did make some unecessary threats to this child. and then to top it off while the teacher and the aid was standing there letting this mother rightfully abuse this child in front of them. they stood there and watch this ordeal. and after she left then they reported her. that goes to show you that she had their asses scared also. yes I will say again she did take it a little to far in my opinion. and her words were more abusive to this child then the ass whooping itself. these kids shouldn’t be returned to her;

9. Aicilefg

November 9, 2019 at 11:33 am

It’s obvious this mother’s way of discipline is all she knows. I honestly pray she gets the help that is needed when it comes to her choice of words.
    I do not disagree with what she did, but only with how she did it ( snatching him out of the cafeteria and the verbal language she used to communicate her frustration to her son. There’s a way to handle all situations..

• GetHelpPlease

November 18, 2019 at 8:14 pm

10. Mrs Moore

November 9, 2019 at 12:08 pm

As a Parent and Grandparent, I received Whippings as an child and I also whipped my children and grandchildren. I agree with the Mother whipping her child but not to the point where he was whipped and an I disagree with the name calling. When I got phone calls from the school concerning their behavior, I was told that I had to take the child off of school property or they would half to report me. I took the child off school property and back home, whipped that behind and took them back to school and made them apologize to the teacher and students for disrupting the classroom. Our ancestors whipped our elders, and this had passed down thru generations. Our Children must be thought to show respect, an ole fashion didn’t hurt us as long as it’s done properly. For the little child size, yes the Mother went a lil overboard. But I bet that child won’t act up again, did she deserved to have her children removed ? The answer is NO.

• Lee

November 9, 2019 at 9:34 pm

You mean the slave masters whipped our ancestors and now we whip and verbally abuse our children.

11. Ms. Wood

November 9, 2019 at 2:24 pm

When did spanking your child turn into this? This is a mess. There is soo much wrong with this it hurts my heart.
    Why did she feel the need to have a friend film her. Laugh about it. This isn’t funny. Why is she cussing and screaming in his face, threatening to “break” his face? This is a child not an adult. When she walks away she acts like she just won a fight with another teenager. Yes, a teenager.
    It takes patience to be a parent. I understand loosing your cool but this is excessive. This isn’t just a parent “spanking” their child- which I agree with (after you have cooled your temper) this is abuse.
    That woman needs some serious anger management.
    And shame on the teacher for being too afraid to step in.

• Ethel Williams

November 9, 2019 at 8:26 pm

I agree with you 💯 percent

12. Nini

November 9, 2019 at 6:41 pm

As a mother of boys who needs their behinds whipped, she did too much. Here she needed to calm down. I know she wants what’s best and as a black mother we need to show them how much it is not a game out here. However, she should have got him, took him to the teacher, have him apologize and give his butt that look. Then wear his behind out at home with no cameras just mama and that switch. Also mama is more calm. You cant act like that in public sis. They frustrate you I know… but handle that calm and at home. Now you gotta fight for ya kids that you dont you deserve to have taken away.

13. Mathias

November 10, 2019 at 2:45 am

The only thing she did wrong was the yelling cursing and threats of bodily harm. That’s what got her in trouble. I didn’t see a problem with the BMW (black momma whoopin). Put the fear of you in the kids but not all on public and on social media. Half her behavior was just showing off for social media, that’s where she done f’ed up

14. Tara Clemons

November 10, 2019 at 6:28 am

She went to far with this ,that was so uncalled for then you call him the N word in front of his teacher, she beat him like somebody on the street I think the person recording this video should have recieved punishment as well,parents we got to do better

15. dmason

November 10, 2019 at 8:32 am

At the end of the day beating the hell out of your children and humiliating them does not keep them out of jail and prison. If it did the prisons wouldn’t be filled with us. We need to learn a better way to discipline than violently.

16. NottodaySatan

November 10, 2019 at 11:51 am

If she had beat any adult like that she would be facing felony charges.

The same is true if she hit a puppy.

But y’all are about this life? WTF she’s a good 125# more than that kid.

17. Zee

November 10, 2019 at 12:42 pm

18. Mdj

November 10, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Yeah she is wrong, until he hurts one of your kids. Or he get arrested and the police put hands on him for being out of control. So let see what the state can do better for him. You know they make the best criminals!😛

19. Jacki Tate

November 10, 2019 at 5:21 pm

I ahree woth the discipline but she went too far with slapping cussing at him amd usomg that belt above his behind……HOWEVER THE POLICE WILL DO WORSE THAN HIS MOTHRR
    IF HE DOESN’T LEARN SELF CONTROL AND RESPECT!! Give her back her children!!!

20. I was scared for him

November 10, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Everyone seems to be focused on the beating instead of the verbal abuse. An ass whooping is one thing, but this woman was using language at that little boy like she was telling at grown ass man in a damn prison yard. She is crazy!!

21. eumeka suggs

November 11, 2019 at 9:10 am

I support her 2000% and if she need bail money i got her back. White folks think its child abuse but its called get some act right. That time out sh*t dont work and thats why black kids dont shoot and kill their parents or yell hit or curse them cause when they get that 1st a** whipping at the age of 3 for cute acting out is what white folks call it we call it nip it in the bud now so they wont shame us later. Alot of parents i know need to take her class on how to whipp my child a**.

• awwwshit

November 11, 2019 at 10:50 pm

So you tryna get more kids taken away. Wasn’t anything about this discipline done in an adult manor. She acted childish. And the same lesson she think she’s teaching her son about acting up is the exact thing she’s NOT doing. Maybe cause you’re worried about being shamed as a parent

22. Delores

November 11, 2019 at 9:44 am

I was bought up getting whooping by the teacher/ principle and when you got home there was another one waiting on you and I’m still alive and own a business. Yes, she shouldn’t have called him those names or threats and also the belt should have stayed on his behind but she doesn’t take control of him now the criminal justice system will take care of him later. The law to involve CPS was written by individuals who 1. never had children 2. been raised by two parent households 3. only on the job for a check. They want take the discipline from the parent so they can fill the prisons. I was a single parent 2 daughter, 1 biological son and 1 adopted son and whooped their behinds. Now they all own businesses except my daughter who is a nurse. Not one of them been to jail or prison either. So don’t go bashing this women for whooping him but pray she gets the help to be a better mother.

23. Sheila

November 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm

I’m all for disciplining children when they get outta pocket but the verbal abuse was ridiculous and unnecessary AND why have someone record it to post to social media?? Some ppl just should not procreate.

24. Lannette santana

November 11, 2019 at 4:19 pm

Her choice of words was not the best, but do I think she deserves to get her kids taken away absolutely not. Maybe a counselor to come and help her deal with her child’s behavior better, or educate her in other avenues she could take to help her son in the future. Dont remove this kids as if the state is going to do any better they dont protect this children all the do is move them around like furniture from foster home to foster home this poor kids will have it much worse in the system. I hope momma gets proper help and her babies back soon

25. My point of view

November 11, 2019 at 5:30 pm

I agree with disciplining your child to prevent further incidents. I whipped my kids and will whip my grandkids if necessary. There is a big difference between abuse and discipline though. Punishment for the offense is discipline. Beating and cursing your child is abuse. That is how I was disciplined as a child. To me it seemed to be more of a show than anything. A performance for the camera/teachers. I definitely didn’t agree with how she spoke to him. What was that part for? Again, a performance. We teach ppl how to treat us. If they see “us” bringing the ghetto with us wherever we go, what’s to make them not feel that’s how to treat us all?I agree with disciplining them where they act up if it is possible. I just don’t understand the audience she brought with her. I hated to see how he was dressed too. I’m not judging if that’s all she could afford. But I just think things could have been handled differently. My opinion so please don’t come for a debate. I’m not here for that.

26. andrea chenault

November 11, 2019 at 5:38 pm

i rather see the mother spank her child than the police beat him down in the streets, her language was terrible and calling him the n word, dont think she should loose her children, she is trying to teach her child to have respect for no only the teacher, but for adults the court system will watch a police beat a child down and do nothing, not they are involving themselves in our homes, (people of color), they beat my ancestors, now trying to tell us how to raise our children, they have taken religion out of schools, cant get on your knees, without them thinking its not showing respect, this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

27. Beagraceful

November 11, 2019 at 7:09 pm

I don’t doubt for one minute that she loves her kids,the fact that she went up there to try and teach her son how to behave and to respect his teachers was a great thing. I absolutely do not condone abuse of any sort and yes she could have used better language, but in her eyes she was doing the right thing by chastising him. No one knows how this young lady was raised and if that is all a person knows to do then instead of taking this young ladies children they should offer different parenting techniques and coping methods. Pray for her and the babies instead of bashing this young lady.

28. Shawkins

November 11, 2019 at 7:30 pm

As she should I would’ve whooped his ass to that’s what wrong with these damn kids to damn grown but it’s ok for the system to discipline them but we can’t I would’ve beat his ass to now they took her kids the system is full of shit and that teacher shouldn’t had call her about her child and she left work to come see about him I blame the teacher to 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️SMDH

29. George

November 11, 2019 at 8:50 pm

30. Tina

November 11, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I agree with many of you on here that she went about disciplining her child the wrong way. It was totally in appropriate and embarrassing to the little boy, teacher, and others who were watching as well as herself. Yes, I do believe in spanking a child when they do wrong, but not to this extreme. She could have handled it a little different then pulling him out by his collar, yelling at him, and calling him a nigga. This is not how you discipline a young child as such, but she did mean business. There is no other way around it. She was too angry to deal with the situation at that time and the little boy probably felt scared and confused of what just happened to him. I do pray she get some help dealing with her temper and anger issues.

31. awwwshit

November 11, 2019 at 11:03 pm

There is absolutely NO DEFENSE for her actions people. You’ll can ramble on about how effective whipping your child is/was and how many success stories came from it. It don’t change THIS situation. To those that whooped or got whipped “back in the day”, did you parents record the school visit? Did they threaten to beat your ass and call you a nigga in front of admins? Did they bring their friend to record you discipline your kid. And did they distribute that video to millions of people to then laugh at you. Can someone pull up a video of you getting your ass whooped by your parents in front of the school ? Probably not. But this young man will have to deal with jokes, mokery, teasing and more for this video being out there. You’ll so ready to defend this mom and aint thought twice about how this can affect the child.

32. Peaches

November 11, 2019 at 11:27 pm

33. Larry White

November 13, 2019 at 10:53 am

Reading some of these comments I find funny. You mad if the parent is involved. You mad if the parent is not involved. You mad when the child is disrespectful. You mad when the parent is DEMANDING her child to respect and honor those serving him. You mad because they way the parent is parenting is not the way you want a parent to parent. You don’t know where she comes from. You don’t know if her taking off of work to discipline her child could lead to her losing the job she has. You don’t know what lead up to the situation. The child knows what not to do going forward. Everybody wants to be a hero except in their on house.

34. Ethan

November 14, 2019 at 2:13 pm

She needs her ass beat

35. Bill

December 10, 2019 at 2:11 am

That’s exactly what my momma woulda done and then at home I’d get the switch on my bare penis. She did not tolerate messing up at school. I’m glad I got whuppings – some kids mommas didn’t care at all about their kids but mine did.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Meth and Trazodone found in Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s body, court testimony reveals

Published

on

According to CBS42 — During a hearing Tuesday for Patrick Stallworth, a suspect in the killing of a 3-year-old Birmingham girl, the court found probable cause to send his capital murder case to a grand jury.

Stallworth, 39, was charged in late October with capital murder, alongside 29-year-old Derick Irisha Brown, in Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney’s death. Stallworth and Brown have been persons of interest in the case ever since the toddler’s abduction from a party at the Tom Brown Village public housing community on Saturday, Oct. 12.

McKinney died of asphyxiation that same day, investigators said. Her body was recovered 10 days later in a dumpster at a north Jefferson County landfill.

According to the prosecution’s argument, the evidence reveals Stallworth and Brown were together for the entirety of the Saturday McKinney disappeared. They say that around noon that day near Tom Brown Village, Stallworth and Brown offered candy to middle school girls.

Surveillance video shows Stallworth purchasing candy at a Shell station near Tom Brown just minutes before interacting with the girls. Surveillance video from a Center Point Parkway gas station also shows Stallworth purchasing a pill for erectile dysfunction and an energy drink later that night.

Prosecutors said phone records substantiate Stallworth’s admission that he was at the Tom Brown Village on Oct. 12. Stallworth admitted to giving children candy at the housing authority, prosecutors said. The prosecution also pointed to a video from a Tom Brown resident showing an interaction between a man and children, who then follow him off-camera.

During lead homicide Detective Jonathan Ross’ testimony Tuesday, he said children told Birmingham police investigators they saw McKinney get into a vehicle matching the description of Stallworth’s SUV. The children said the driver had been handing out candy at Tom Brown Village, Ross testified.

Evidence from a mattress inside the suspects’ apartment indicates blood and a mixture of DNA from Stallworth, Brown, and McKinney, prosecutors said. Prosecutors said meth and Trazodone, the latter of which was prescribed to Stallworth for sleep, was found in McKinney’s system.

Read More Here

Continue Reading

News

Temple PD officer accused of shooting man in head, killing him identified

Published

on

The officer accused of shooting a man to death in Temple was identified Tuesday.

Michael Dean, 28, was shot in the head and killed on Dec. 2.

Temple Police Officer Carmen DeCruz was identified as the officer involved, the department said.

The shooting was reported at 8:12 p.m. near the intersection of Loop 363 and Little River Rd.

It is unclear what led DeCruz to shoot and kill Dean.

An officer told Dean’s mother, Christine Dean, about the shooting, but she said she and the family still have questions.

“They should have had a definite explanation for us and not a bunch of ‘I don’t knows,'” Dean said. “I just want to know what happened to my son that caused him not to be with us anymore.”

Read More Here

Continue Reading

News

Elementary school assignment asks students to ‘set your price for a slave’

Published

on

MEHLVILLE, MO — A class assignment landed a Missouri teacher on administrative leave and has the NAACP calling for a formal apology.

It happened at an elementary school in Mehlville, Missouri. Students in a fifth grade class were asked to do an assignment setting prices for different things and then reflect on topics such as a free market economy and wealth.

The students set prices for 12 different things: lumber, tar, wool, milk, etc. However, the last item the students were asked to set a price for was quite different than the first 11.

“You own a plantation or farm and therefore need more workers,” the question began. “You begin to get involved in the slave trade industry and have slaves work on your farm. Your product to trade is slaves. Set your price for a slave. These could be worth a lot.”

“The assignment was culturally insensitive,” principal Jeremy Booker said to KMOV in St. Louis. “The teacher has expressed significant remorse.”

Booker sent a letter to parents explaining the assignment and the steps being taken to rectify what happened and keep it from happening again.

“The school district is continuing to investigate this event,” Booker said. “I am working with district leadership to provide all Blades teachers and staff with professional development on cultural bias in the near future.”

News source